Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Holiday recount.


Hey guys! This is My holiday Recount. Hope you Enjoy!


Holiday Recount 

By Savanah.


You think that I had a plain, normal holiday, where I just stay at home, hear screaming 24/7 from my brother, Apollo, and my sister, Emmie. NO. I had the best Holiday ever. Lemme tell ya a story…


In the school holidays, my mum surprised the family with a fun tiki tour trip! She told us to pack a bag or two, to get ready to go on our Tiki Tour Trip!


Finally, Finally! The day has come! The day that we are going on our family Tiki Tour Trip! We all hauled in the car, and started our adventure!


Once we got in the car, mum told us where we were going first! We were going to Kaiapoi first! About 15 minutes later, we arrived at Kaiapoi! 



The first thing we did was look around the town centre. We found a shopping centre - but it was crap Pretty Average… Then we looked around a little bit more and found a restaurant and ate lunch. I had pancakes for lunch and they were disgusting.



Then we did a bit more exploring around the town center. My stepdad, Pablo got a new phone a couple weeks ago and needed phone screen protectors so we stopped at a junk store and they sold screen protectors there so Pablo bought some for his phone but later on he realised that they were terrible and the guy had evilly ripped him off. 


After that, we did a little more browsing and then we continued our adventure!


On our way, Mum explained where we were going next! We were going to the place that my mum grew up as a kid at! She grew up in Amberly and lived at a motel. Their parents (My grandparents) were the Managers of the Motel and had run it for many years. 


We were on our way to Amberly when we came across a very new and modern suburb called “Pegasus Town.” We stopped there to have a look and it was pretty fancy! It had a preschool, a playground and a mini shopping centre - with an ice cream shop - AND a pizzeria! We stopped at the playground but my brother fell asleep so my mum suggested something, we get ice cream! My mum and Pablo went to the place and bought us ice cream. By the time that they did that Apollo woke up. Then we drove over to the playground to eat our ice cream and play. Then we went and continued our journey to Amberley. 


When we arrived, we were very excited! There was so much to explore and do in Amberly!


A few minutes later, we arrived at the Motel, Delhaven, Mum was explaining lots of cool information about the  motel. Like how the big, black shed on the gravel driveway beside the campervan car park, was an indoor pool when she was a child. Mum rushed into the reception room and whisked away with the room key. The receptionist lady said that she would bring us a port - a - cot for Apollo to sleep in soon to assemble. We drove over to the Deluxe Apartment that we were going to stay in and get settled.


We started to unpack everything and look around the room! My sister and I had to share a room - which is okay. At least I didn’t have to share a room with my brother! My mum said that there was a playground that I could play at later.


Later on, when we were all settled down, my mum said that we were going out later to explore. So I said if I could go and play at the playground and she said yes. So I put my shoes on and went over.


When I got there, (Which did NOT take very long…) I saw a Spring - Free Trampoline! I immediately took my shoes and off hopped on! I almost landed my very first front flip! A little while later I got off and went back.


About 1 hour later, we left in the van to go explore. I won’t bore you with all the details though. All I’ll tell you is that it was kinda boring…


It’s night now, and we are having dessert! We have………………

Skittles, Chocolate, Toffee Pops and more! We were sooo tired!


The next morning, we woke up early and the first thing I did was… Play on my mum’s phone! Then we had muffin splits for breakfast! They were so good! And again, I won’t bore you with all that stuff…..


Before we left we went to the park my mum always went to to play at! Chamberlain park! Lots of stuff there! By the time we got home we were all pooped.


This was definitely the best weekend holiday of my life!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Savanah its Chevelle here,
    I love the way you added the caption for the blog post into your holiday recount start! I think next time you should add a different colour combination. You knocked my socks off will all the punctuation. Bye have a great day! 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey chevelle!
      THNXS for the comment! I think the caption idea is great for entertaining the audience! I totally will use a different great colour scheme for my writing!
      THNXS again,
      Savanah.

      Delete