Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2020

I wandered lonely as a cloud Poetry response.

 

The connections I made to this poem was being lonely with no one listening to you, and people shutting you out.

This poem is organized with 4 stanzas, each stanza having 6 lines, with a rhyming pattern of ABABCC ABABCC ABABCC ABABCC.

The tone of this poem is lonely. For example: " I wandered lonely as a cloud that floats on high o’er vales and hills when all at once I saw a crowd a host of golden daffodils beside the lake beneath the trees fluttering and dancing in the breeze.”

In this poem, I found a simile, "I wandered lonely as a cloud." and 2 pieces of hyperbole here "Golden daffodils" and "Ten thousand saw I at glance." I also found some personification "Fluttering and dancing in the breeze." and "The waves beside them danced."

I think the tone of this poem is just because your lonely, that does not mean that you need to shut yourself out from the world and hide.







No comments:

Post a Comment