Pages

Monday, September 14, 2020

The wind poetry response.

fav childhood poem, The Wind by Robert Louis Stevenson | Kids poems, Poetry  ideas, Childrens poetry
 

The connections I made to this title was the power and strength of the weather making more powerful resources.

This poem is organized with 3 stanzas, each stanza having 6 lines with a rhyming pattern of AABBCC AABBCC AABBCC.

I think the tone of this poem is fun and playful. For example: "I saw you toss the kites on high, and blow the birds about the sky."

The poetic devices I found in the poem were some alliteration, "You yourself you." and some personification, "O wind that sings so loud a song." I also found some repetition which was repeated throughout the stanzas on the last 2 lines "O wind a-blowing all day long O wind that sings so loud a song." and a simile here "Like ladies skirts across the grass."

I think the meaning of this poem is the wind has great powers and you can have lots of fun with the stormy weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment